AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot figure out how to turn off the overscan in window 7 media center so that there's no black bars and it fills the entire TV. When I first installed 7 (RC Build 7100), this was an issue on my desktop too until I found the settings in CCC and set the overscan to 0%. However, even though the desktop fits great, 7MC is still surround by black bars. I've gone into the TV settings and tried various combinations of TV, Flat Panel, etc with different resolutions, but nothing fixes it. I have a 780g onboard on a Gigabyte MA78GPM-UD2H, and my TV is a Samsung 46" LN46A860.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
7MC is probably using a resolution that is still using scaling, but there is no way to check when MC is full screen.

Go into the MC display configuration and note the resolution, refresh rate, and bit depth that MC is using at full screen. Exit full screen, manually set the same resolution, refresh rate, and bit depth, and see if the scaling slider in CCC is all the way to the right.

-Dave

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlettner /forum/post/17036322

7MC is probably using a resolution that is still using scaling, but there is no way to check when MC is full screen.

Go into the MC display configuration and note the resolution, refresh rate, and bit depth that MC is using at full screen. Exit full screen, manually set the same resolution, refresh rate, and bit depth, and see if the scaling slider in CCC is all the way to the right.

-Dave

I am having this scaling problem. What is CCC and where will I find it?

Case Antec Fusion Remote Max ATX

MB GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775 R 1

VGA HIS H467QSS1GP HD4670 1GB RT 1

PSU ENERMAX|EPR525AWT 525W RT 1

CPU INTEL|C2D E7400 2.8G 775 RT 1

MEM 2GX2|A-DATA ADQVE1B16K R 1

HD 640G|WD 7K 16M WD6400AAKS % 1

BLU BURN &HD ROM LG|GGW-H20L RT 1

CPU COOL|XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 R

HDHR TV Tuner

Logitech DiNovo Edge Keyboard

Lenovo 4422-HB6 monitor

Panasonic TH-58PZ700U Plasma

Yamaha HTR-6060 AVR

Windows 7RC

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CCC (Catalyst Control Center) is the software to configure your ATI graphics driver. You should already have it unless you chose to only install the driver when you got your ATI drivers. The overscan setting is buried in the new UI of CCC - you have to go to the Displays tab, right click your TV display on the button left, choose configure, then go to the scaling tab and set it to 0%.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonation /forum/post/17039872

CCC (Catalyst Control Center) is the software to configure your ATI graphics driver. You should already have it unless you chose to only install the driver when you got your ATI drivers. The overscan setting is buried in the new UI of CCC - you have to go to the Displays tab, right click your TV display on the button left, choose configure, then go to the scaling tab and set it to 0%.

It took me a while to find the slider and I had to swith between the Panasonic's aspects: full and just using the Panasonics TV controls. However, I think your instructions got me to the solution and I appreciate the help. I would be more certain if broadcast TV did not change the aspect ratio of their broadcasts.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
In the US OTA Broadcast channels do not change the aspect ratio/resolution of their broadcasts on individual digital channels. However, not all "HD" resoluton digital broadcasts are "filmed" with HD resolution cameas and those that are not will have black/grey side pilers as part of their content.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.