AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a bunch of searches, so maybe I imagined this. A while back I remember reading about something for 7MC that would take video you have on your machine and do something such that it shows up in the Recorded TV list. Does such a thing exist?

If not, maybe some one could suggest something else. Basically when I download a show I want to watch, right now I access it through Media Browser, but when I'm done with it, to delete it I have to do it manually outside of Media Center. I'd much rather be able to delete it just like you can delete a file in the Recorded TV list.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I'm not sure what you meant by suggesting something else, but you definitely can do that and also the reverse with SageTV Media Center 7 using one of it's builtin plugins. IMO, its much more flexible and productive than 7MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarty97 /forum/post/19521566

I did a bunch of searches, so maybe I imagined this. A while back I remember reading about something for 7MC that would take video you have on your machine and do something such that it shows up in the Recorded TV list. Does such a thing exist?

If not, maybe some one could suggest something else. Basically when I download a show I want to watch, right now I access it through Media Browser, but when I'm done with it, to delete it I have to do it manually outside of Media Center. I'd much rather be able to delete it just like you can delete a file in the Recorded TV list.

Thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I want to stick with 7MC. For one thing, my wife already knows how to use it and is comfortable with it! Plus, I'm going to be adding a either the Ceton CableCard Tuner or the HD HomeRun Prime (once they come out with it) and IIRC, they only work with 7MC.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, a solution was suggested on another site was that you can enable the 'delete' funciton in MediaBrowser and then use some other tools to convert the WTV recordings and drop them into MediaBrowser folders.

I'm a little hesitant as I don't want to accidentally delete a movie or something, but going to give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.