AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me trouble shoot my TH-42PWD7? Went to turn it on this morning and the unit doesn't respond to any remotes. I then went for the manual power button on the front of the panel to take it out of standby, removed the power cord to fully power down the unit.

Plugged the power cord back in and hit the button. Unit came on for maybe a second, then the screen went blank and the unit went back into standby mode with the indicator light red with "two" blinks in a row, solid, then two blinks, etc.

I'm positive the two blinks are a code but I can't find what it means anywhere in the manual, so I knew to come here and ask. Thanks!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Call Panasonic, they usually keep a list of the codes for all their tv's. After you find out what's wrong, you can decide whether if it's worth repairing or not.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - just got off the phone w/Panasonic and they were less than helpful. All they wanted to do was schedule an appointment for a local vendor to come out and look at it. Bah!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
See here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post14160590

Board part numbers are different (see attached) but the troubleshooting is the same.

FYI, the call center is not qualified to give technical servicing information, only operational and connection advice.

TW

TH37_42_W7_PCBs1.pdf 7.759765625k . file

th_37_42pwd7_LED.pdf 29.142578125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Techwizard, looks likes it's a Scan Driver 1 problem based on the two blink cycle. So based on the PCB pdf you sent me, do you know how much the part costs and what I would expect to pay for repair? (PM me the info if it's not ok to post publicly.)

If it's more than a few hundred dollars, it might make more sense to just get a newer model with HDMI inputs etc.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo /forum/post/14180293

Thanks Techwizard, looks likes it's a Scan Driver 1 problem based on the two blink cycle. So based on the PCB pdf you sent me, do you know how much the part costs and what I would expect to pay for repair? (PM me the info if it's not ok to post publicly.)

If it's more than a few hundred dollars, it might make more sense to just get a newer model with HDMI inputs etc.

If it is only an SU or SD, less than $200 parts. The SC is more expensive.

You can get HDMI for the 7 series with a TY-FB8HM HDMI board. This board will work in a series 7 Plasma even though the board is an 8 series.

TW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts