AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks all for the valuable information--overwhelming, but very insightful! Due primarily to the posts here, I've decided to order the 50" 7UY for my basement theater, & will have it delivered next week when I'm home on paternity leave. If y'all would be so kind, could you help me out with a few final questions?

1. Visual Apex or Plasma Concepts (I live in MI), prices being roughly equivalent?

2. My home setup is Comcast STB, Sony AVD-C700ES receiver w/ 5 speakers, mounting the plasma on the wall w/ access behind it and a recessed AV cabinet ~5' away. What "extras" will I need to be up and running? Component cable jack converters, surge protector, calibration DVD, etc? Remember, I'm a total newbie, so the more specific the advice, the better!

3. Once it's hung on the wall, plugged in, etc.--what next? Break-in, etc.?

THANKS so much in advance!

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one. I received my 50 from VA last week, and had no problems.

The component input uses BNC connectors, so you'll probably need BNC to RCA adapters. If you order your 7UY from VA, they include the adapters at no extra charge. The only thing I had to rush out to buy were four screws to attach the wall mount to my wall (I ordered the Chief mount and the screws were not included).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.