AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

7xPolk Monitor 45B with Onkyo NR809 - tooooo much BASS

226 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  skylarlove1999
I have a basement hall with 7 monitor 45B speakers (installed on ceiling - yes ceiling) and connected to Onkyo NR809 amplifier and using echo input as one of the sources. The amp is able to drive all these speakers very well. But the problem is there is too much Bass. I turned down the bass to absolute minimum and treble to absolute maximum on the receiver but still it’s too much of bass.

Would you be able to recommend any solution to reduce the bass? I wish there was a eq control on the amazon echo dot - unfortunately no. Should I buy a preamp with EQ and run through or any other ideas?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I have a basement hall with 7 monitor 45B speakers (installed on ceiling - yes ceiling) and connected to Onkyo NR809 amplifier and using echo input as one of the sources. The amp is able to drive all these speakers very well. But the problem is there is too much Bass. I turned down the bass to absolute minimum and treble to absolute maximum on the receiver but still it’s too much of bass.

Would you be able to recommend any solution to reduce the bass? I wish there was a eq control on the amazon echo dot - unfortunately no. Should I buy a preamp with EQ and run through or any other ideas?
I would select the speakers to small and set the Crossover at 80hz and let the sub handle the bass.
I would select the speakers to small and set the Crossover at 80hz and let the sub handle the bass.
I don't believe this gentleman is actually running a subwoofer with his setup. I think his complaint is that there is too much bass going through his speakers. I for one don't understand the problem LOL never heard of too much Bass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reactions: 1
Sounds like a massive room resonance peak but we dont know much about the room.
Sounds like a massive room resonance peak but we dont know much about the room.
I would agree it probably is the room and not his equipment . Some corner bass traps would probably help tame some of the low end response the room is producing.

Reactions: 1

If you use the manual setup for Audyssey you should be able to go in and change the level response for each frequency. Sounds like due to your room low frequencies are being exaggerated. Trying to lower the overall bass and turn up the treble has not worked so changing the level of the low end frequency in Audyssey might work. If I remember correctly you can do this for each individual speaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.