Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.cablesnmor.com/s-video-cable.html

Thanks to all who've guided me on my HTPC setup. Once it's working 100% I'll post a detailed summary so other newbies have a single place to go.

Final piece of my puzzle is taking the output [via my new matrox 550] and distributing a/v to all the TVs in the house. None are digital, so s-video for me.

Option 1 is to split the s-video signal, perhaps via a leviton or other splitter, and running that cable. Found the link above and rates truly seem too cheap to be true.

High end looks to be about $25 for 6'; can't see how this stuff would be any good, or am I making too much of it?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You could have the best s-video cable out there and it still wouldn't really compare to a progressive signal. I'd go for those and not worry about it.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, option 2 is to have a long-ass VGA cable [25' for $22, 50' for $44]. I only have either S-video or a single analog "video" RCA-cable in on my TVs, so I can't use the DVI. I'm going to have to get a TVAtor exec to convert the signal.

That also seems darn darn cheap - or am I looking a gift horse in the mouth?

·
Registered
30 Posts
IVB,

Cablesnmor is an okay place in my book; since I needed some cables and they are in my area, I visited them yesterday. They have both a storefront and what appears to be a large Internet/mail-order business. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. And, of course, you know about the prices!

I haven't tried the cables yet, but they appear to be of reasonable quality. If not, I'll let you (all) know!

Steve

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you hook up the cables yet? How'd they work out? I'll be getting 25' M-M VGA, and 2 50' VGA cables. [ended up with option 2, need to order them soon]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.