AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions for some 8" In Ceiling speakers for my master bathroom remodel. These will be going into a 1 cu.ft. enclosure tuned to somewhere around 40hz.

I'd like these to sound as good as possible for my $50 to $150 budget. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie /forum/post/18263394

I need some suggestions for some 8" In Ceiling speakers for my master bathroom remodel. These will be going into a 1 cu.ft. enclosure tuned to somewhere around 40hz.

I'd like these to sound as good as possible for my $50 to $150 budget. Any suggestions?
http://www.monoprice.com/ great prices, don't be fooled by the super low cost, my uncle just bought a pair of 6.5" rounds for $45+shipping, he was not sure about them since they cost so little. They sound fantasic so much so he plans to buy serveral more to install in other rooms of his house and office.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but pointing me in the general direction of monoprice is like pointing me towards best buy.

Any 8" in-ceiling coaxial in particular that you've heard about or have experience with that you could point me to?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie /forum/post/18263826

Thanks, but pointing me in the general direction of monoprice is like pointing me towards best buy.

Any 8" in-ceiling coaxial in particular that you've heard about or have experience with that you could point me to?

They have several to choose from, rounds and rectangles, each have many reviews, that is what sold my uncle and me. I'd say try a pair before going hog wild. BTW, my uncle first had a pair of Klipsch rounds that he was ready to install and then got the MP rounds to do a side-by-side, we hooked both up to his avr, the MP did sound a bit fuller and the construction was just as good. The Klipsch's cost $375, the MP's cost $45, not a hard choice
. Many forum reads use Monoprice and they sell more than just speakers, their AV calbes, in-wall wirring, comptuer cables are very good and pices and VERY low. Check out site before you just order one thing, you may find something more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts