AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note to CHTS this is getting very old. Though Heavy Metal is very tempting ;)

1)From Here to Eternity,

2)Heavy Metal

3) Legends of the Fall

4)Seven Years in Tibet

5) Das Boot: The Director's Cut (on two-discs

6)Labyrinth

7) The Dark Crysta

I know theres only 7, I think theres another one coming that i did not list

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Well, it's their way of getting people to re-buy the same movies -- milking 'em as possible. That said, I'll definitely buy "Das Boot: SuperBit". :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Das Boot is worth it for the DTS track. Its going to have to be 2 discs to be a superbit which I assume it is.

Yeh From here to Eternity - gimmie a break

CHTS is mocking themselves, I really doubt people are buying all these releases its to a point well past oversaturation allready. That said I'll probably bite on SpiderMan if its not shown in HD in OAR ratio first.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They seem like good titles to me, I guess most would be happier if they once again put out cinematic crap like The Big Hit, Johnny Mnemonic & Vertical Limit??

Why is "From Here to Eternity" such a bad idea? Older films tend to have more film grain and we all know how much havoc film grain can cause with compressed digital video. I personally think that some of these films stand to gain a lot more from the Superbit treatment than recent titles like Resident Evil which already look and sound great.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Several good titles here, Das Boot, Legends of the Fall and Seven Years in Tibet...maybe Heavy Metal...those four would double my SB count!

Hey, they gotta get as many of these out as possible, once HD-DVD hits, these are obsolete, and we start over again. They realize the people that are buy these will also be rebuying in HD.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Even with D-Theater I don't get all that excited about SuperBits anymore. It's nice that they are doing top of the line DVD transfers, but how you gonna keep'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
These are much better titles, folks. And why can't an older B&W film get the royal treatment? I think it's great.

That being said, I have a hard time getting excited about any DVD these days, since I am so spoiled by High Definition, which is the real Superbit to me.

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
I'll definitely get Das Boot ( which is a very good DVD to start with) but as Dean and Matt have said they don't have the zing next to the DTheater stuff. I thought that this might happen. I just won't buy any superbits now unless I love the film to start with. If you want the demo to show what the system can do pull out U571 or Ice Age in DTheater.

Art

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wouldn't rebuy any of these movies just for the superbit, but I am curious how a DTS version of Heavy Metal might sound.

Anyone know if it is a remix?

-- Greg

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Awrite!...Seven years in Tibbbbbbbeheheh.......:eek: zzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
DTheater, DTheater, DTheater - yep, the quality is (probably) better.

This is tape - they will degrade; how many titles are available for this format?

How much does each tape cost?

How much does the [single] VCR cost?

What are the numerous problems with this unit?

Let's try to be pragmatic here ... and remember the thread title - Superbit.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Seven Years in Tibet...a good (maybe not great) movie with wonderful colors and scenery...I will repurchase this in SB!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.