AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my family is opening up a coffee shop with 8 ceiling speakers. I am trying to find an inexpensive reciever to power all 8 speakers in some sort of stereo setup. For example running 6 speakers on stereo and using a zone 2 for the last 2. Overall high end fidelity is not really important, just that sound is coming out of the speakers...know what i mean.

I have done some research, but the problem i am running into is that on all of the recievers i have looked at it turns the main zone to 5.1, to turn on stereo in zone 2. Only 7 speakers.

Maybe a used stereo amp would solve this on some models? However that is a little confusing for me, and this needs to be done right.

Thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
google 'speaker impedence matching'. There are a number of different devices which allow you to connect multiple speakers while keeping an 8ohm load on the receiver. I think this may be your best option, and will work with any receiver. You can buy a cheap stereo receiver for your purposes.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
That's assuming this 8-speaker setup is a constant voltage system.

You would definitely want to figure out whether or not your speakers were setup for a constant voltage system. I believe they will only work with a 70v amplifier. There are also lower voltage systems which work the same way.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/13001414

That's assuming this 8-speaker setup is a constant voltage system.

You would definitely want to figure out whether or not your speakers were setup for a constant voltage system. I believe they will only work with a 70v amplifier. There are also lower voltage systems which work the same way.

Correct, which if it was a business it should be wired that way but no guarantees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts