AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
yawn.... why do people get so excited over plasmas?

What's something like weigh? more or less than the pile of money it costs? I'd much rather have a good PJ.

Phil "mr cranky" tonight.

·
Banned
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont get me wrong, I hate plasma with a passion. I think they are waaaay overpriced and completely impractical. Why anyone would spend so much a plasma is beyond me, but I think its also amazing that they made one that big.

·
Registered
291 Posts
in many circles.

The RPTV crowd hates 'em.

The bulb PJ crowd has apparently joined in.

The FPTV CRT guys . . . well THEY hate EVERYTHING without a CRT!

I think Plasmas are just great . . . except for the price that is.

The price is coming down . . . but it has a long way to go before I'll be buying.

Ya, ya . . . I know they are not perfect. As if there were anything that was.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mostly the burn-in issue made me pick a DLP projector instead. Couldn't stand the stretched look and all. Saving $3k was nice too.

JayW

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i'm in the "wtf spend so much on a plasma when you can get a good fp" crowd. I think good quality plasmas look nice but here in Canada they cost like 8-13 grand for like 50 inchers. Sorry but gimme a front pj any day of the week over that. If I had light control issues I would use the thousands of dollars I'd save to light control that banshee room for daytime use.:)

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Well... I'll close this now since this is a FP forum. I'll leave it around so people can still check it out if they wish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.