AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had the chance to see either the Vizio M801D nor the Sharp 857U in person. I can't find it now, but I swear I read somewhere that the Vizio has a flat / matte screen while the Sharps are glossy. Is this right? I've had issues using a shiny screen as a pc display. I'm planning on putting one of these into a fairly bright conference room mostly for as a PC display, and not much video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblack  /t/1490353/80-vizio-vs-sharp-for-a-conference-room-matte#post_23728289

I have not had the chance to see either the Vizio M801D nor the Sharp 857U in person. I can't find it now, but I swear I read somewhere that the Vizio has a flat / matte screen while the Sharps are glossy. Is this right? I've had issues using a shiny screen as a pc display. I'm planning on putting one of these into a fairly bright conference room mostly for as a PC display, and not much video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The Vizio has a Simi glossed screen in bright lit areas it will have a reflection on the screen. I'm not sure about the sharp though.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmanX  /t/1490353/80-vizio-vs-sharp-for-a-conference-room-matte#post_23752464

Vizio reflective boss

Ok Rockman so you own the Vizio 80"? I thought you have a Sharp?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Based on the size of the screen vs. the size of the receiver, I suspect that is a picture of the (known to be) highly reflective 65 inch M series, not the less reflective 80. Rockman seems to bash sets other than the Sharp (which has both positive and negative qualities of its own).

·
Registered
457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephpearson  /t/1490353/80-vizio-vs-sharp-for-a-conference-room-matte#post_23759125

Based on the size of the screen vs. the size of the receiver, I suspect that is a picture of the (known to be) highly reflective 65 inch M series, not the less reflective 80. Rockman seems to bash sets other than the Sharp (which has both positive and negative qualities of its own).

So incorrect I praise and bash a lot of things that's a 80 when they first hit the market not. 65 nice try. Yes I have two sharp 80s but friends with vizio. I'm not a huge fan of edge lit tech

·
Vendor
31,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblack  /t/1490353/80-vizio-vs-sharp-for-a-conference-room-matte#post_23728289

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
You have that mixed up, buy the Semi-matte Sharp, it will do much better in that environment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts