AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home theater involves a Sony VPL-VW10HT LCD projector about 21 feet away from a Da-Lite 119" High Power screen. I have video, S-video, 15pin RGB, and 3 cables for a second composite video source running from the projector up into the ceiling, going up into the attic, then down again into my AV cabinet. Actual distance from the projector to the AV equipment is about 80 feet. Since I was not sure during construction if I would have the projector mounted on the ceiling or lower down, I had the cabling installer terminate all the cables at about 100feet to allow myself room to position the projector however I wanted. As the projector and screen are now situated, I have an extra 20 feet of each video cabling wrapped up in the projector stand. Would it make any significant difference in picture quality to cut off 20 feet of cable and reterminate?

·
Registered
133 Posts
IMHO the difference would be insignificant

------------------

Russ

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
As long as the wires are of good quality I believe that you will have no problems with length. Be somewhat careful of the way you have the extra length stored, however. The picture of several lengths of cable "wrapped up in the projector stand" is not a happpy one. If you get ghosting or ringing or whatever rearrange to coils so that they do not interfer with each other. Art

[This message has been edited by Art Lloyd (edited 05-01-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.