AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a SkyFi2 XM radio for christmas. I was setting it up and everything seems ok but I was just curious how people had theirs setup and maybe what timing settings to equal the performance of the XM remote.

Sorry this is for the 880 but I mistyped.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyway to setup favorite channels on the 880 for XM? I see there's icons available but on my Harmony page I get no options for favorites.

·
Registered
571 Posts
There is an option when setting up the watch TV activity for it to be used for listening to satellite.

After reading your question, I too wondered if it could be done. I get XM from Direct TV, so it was very easy for me to set up a 2nd watch tv activity using my sat receiver and stereo receiver without having my projector on. Now I can listen to XM and know what channel I'm on without the display being turned on. How cool is that . Plus I found a complete list of XM icons to use in my favorites.

Anyway, I digress.

Go to the harmony site and click add-an-activity

-check the NO box and click next

-check watch television and click next

-check Listen to Satellite and click next

-the rest of the steps will be specific to your devices, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. I'm not sure if you have your XM receiver set up in the device menu as a sat receiver or radio tuner. I guess you can always add it in as a sat receiver if that's what it takes for it to show up as an option when setting up a watch tv activity.

One you have it set up, it will show up in your activity menu as "Listen to Satellite" and you will have the option to add favorite channel icons.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Mark

Edit: You do, in fact need to set up your XM receiver as a channel decoder(aka sat receiver) in the set up devices menu in order for it to show up as an option for a watch tv activity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also trying to Listen to Satellite, using the SkyFi as the satellite device. The problem I'm encountering is that the Listen to Satellite activity insists on using the TV as the channel-changing device, whereas I need the SkyFi to do that. I could remap the channel-changing buttons (e.g., number buttons and ChannelUp/Dn buttons), but the Media buttons are still going to talk to the TV instead of the SkyFi. Any ideas on how to perform this override?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.