AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve been looking into speakers for my first HT for 6 months now, and i still have doubts about what to buy.

My room is medium/large and my main interests are Music DVD, Films, and X-box, by this order. And they need to be small.

1-KEF KHT1005

2-Mission M70+MS8

3-Klipsch: Quintet II

4-Mordaunt Short Premier System

5-Tannoy FX5.1

6-Harman Kardon HKTS 12

7-Mission M3s

8-JAMO DVR50

9-INFINITY OREUS 6.1

10-ENERGY TAKE 5.2

11-HSU Research Ventriloquist VT-12

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO FOR?

ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS?

THANKS

·
Registered
148 Posts
assuming $800/pr, you would be hard pressed to find a better pair than the paradigm studio 20 v3s. they retail for exactly $800/pr

·
Banned
61 Posts
If you're looking for a 5.1 setup I'd first suggest Axiom Audio Epic Midi Home Theater at $1,106.75 but it's a little over budget. I'd then suggest the Energy Encore6 system $900 at The Good Guys after 10% off www.thegoodguys.com. They'll also take 10% off in the store if you ask. Finally the Energy Take 5.2 system. These are great systems for the money.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I picked up a set of the Harman Kardon HKTS 14, very nice, the Sub is tight, clean and powerful, seems to me to be considerably more powerful then the Bose AM16's my parents have which cost three times as much, it's not scientific being I was in a completely different house... but they sure felt noticeably more filling and the mid-range & highs are excellent too. I paid just under $500, not counting shipping.. Worth every cent. If size is a concern and the 10" X 4" is too tall for you, the HKTS 7's are smaller in size. You can also add the HKTS 2's for a 7.1 system. I'm powering the set with a HK AVR 430. On either speaker set I'd recommend a complete line of cables for the other few hundred to keep you under $800. I Don't recommend using any cabling that comes with any set. I went with the Monster Cable MB400 for the sub and for the speakers I used the Monster Cable XPHP, wound and with the extra casing, all the cabling (200’) was around $300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.