Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Am I right in thinking only the only (reasonably priced) product available today to do [email protected]+Hz is the Rock+?

The Leeza will, the aSimilator may also, tomorrow.

Other products today do (whatever standard resolution, 720 or 768)@70+ but do not offer custom resolutions (thinking at the Dune, the Extron, etc).

Still others can do (whatever up to 1080i) but not at 70+, only around 60Hz (thinking the CS-1, the H3D, etc).

Now what is more important? The refresh rate or the resolution (for a G70 CRT) ?

Thanks for any thoughts

Fred

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
There is the upcoming products, like aSimiliator or HD Leeza. But there's another inexpensively priced product that can do what you need - a HOLO3D card is also able to do 800p at 70 Hz.

(Note: You can use any resolution supported by PowerStrip on the HTPC, HOLO3D will automatically use it)

For a G70 CRT, doing 800p is more important than 70 Hz. The HOLO3D actually really works best at 59.94 Hz.

(Note: To other HOLO3D users, Version 1.6g beta has been released. Check the Immersive Forum. We will be making an announcement for Version 1.7 public release including a feature list, sometime next week.)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,

Thanks for confirming basically what I thought and mentioned: The Holo3D can do whatever, but really "works best" @ 59.94Hz. On top of that it is HTPC based, which I am not enclined towards (for a variety of reasons not linked to the quality of its output).

So, as far as integrated scalers go, we have the Rock+ available now, and that's all.

Fred

PS: I have seriously considered the H3D route. But a pre-built quality rack mounted HTPC (from AVS or others) with H3D ends up at the same price level (around $3000) than a used Rock+.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.