AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem with my BG808, I bring it out of standby and start watching a movie and after a bit of time everything just goes black, I'll hit the standby button twice and the picture comes back. After that the picture remains on most of the day without any problems. Does anybody have any Idea's to what might be the problem here.

Thanks in advance

Pete

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Two possibilities:

1) A ground loop in yourt system. Try disconecting the entire system except for the DVD player/processor connected to the projector. No audio cables or cablevision tied to the system. See if it stays on.

2) If not, then I would suspect HV shutdown. See if the red LED comes on on the EHT board. That will tell you if the set is going into HV shutdown.

Give me an email at [email protected] if you need a picture of the EHT board.

Curt

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curt:

The only device that I have connected to the PJ is my DVD player, which is a new progressive scan sony which is going through and Audio Athority component to RGB converter, which I replaced with a new one when I first noticed the problem. At the time I first saw the loss of video I was getting a green warning message on the screen indicating that the pj had lost input signal, and then after a short period I get video back. That's what made me suspect the converter, so I replaced it. The problem still showed up after replacement, but now I don't seem to be getting the green warning anymore, or maybe since I found out by pressing the standby off and back on that I could get the video back that I may not be allowing enough time for the warning to be displayed. At any rate, the green warning would indicate that there still was HV present. I will check more closely to see if I have HV now or not. I think that I still have it though, you know there is something I haven't checked, and that is to see if the pj has switched to some other input, which might be giving me that warning about loss of input signal. Have you ever seen any barco's switch inputs for no appearent reason, or should I discount that as being a possible cause of the black-out's I'm seeing.

Thanks again for your help.

Pete

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
OK, that leads me to believe a ground loop problem, or the projector is not liking the signal you're feeding it. Try changing the sync from fast to slow or vice versa as well.

Curt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.