AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Explorer 8300HD. For recording a show that I am currently viewing, it is supposed to save all buffering and then record the rest of the show. An example is if I started watching a show at 8:00 and then decided to record it at 9:00 and the show ends at 10:00, it is supposed to save the 60 minutes buffered and then record the remaining 1 hour. What is happening on mine is that it says it is recording the last 1 hour and acts like it is recording for 1 hour. When I go to view, I have 1 hour and 30 minutes of recording saved instead of the 2 hours that I should have. Plus the 1 hour and 30 minutes of recording starts at the 8:00 portion of the show and ends at 9:30 so that I am missing the last 30 minutes of the show. It seems to be buffering 1 hour but then acting like it only saved 30 minutes worth of buffering plus the remainder of the show and getting confused about which end to cut off.

Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall /forum/post/0

Someone (will) correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the buffer is ~60 minutes for SD programming and ~30 minutes for HD programming. Based on your experience, it sounds right...

Maybe I didn't make my point correctly. Why is it cutting off the end of the show? Even if it just buffers 30 minutes of HD, and there are 40 minutes of show left, the end of the show is not recorded!! It appears that I do not get the last x minutes of the show where x is the amount of time over the 30 minutes of buffer. I DO get all of the buffer but I DON'T get all of the remaining part of the show that I want recorded.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I came here and was going to post the same problem. For example tonight I was watching American Idol and had buffered about 30 minutes (maybe less) and my screen popped up saying a recording was starting in 2minutes. So I hit record to finish recording what was left of AI and it only recorded the last two minutes. Althought I was at the 30-35 minute mark of the 1 hour show it started recording at real time (?) At the very least it should have started where I was viewing.

New bug?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.