d'oh, wrong forum. Can a mod move this to the HDTV recorder forum? Thanks!
Originally Posted by Silmeron /forum/post/12945062
It still running ok? Looking to do the exact same thing
Originally Posted by phamdinhnguyen /forum/post/14405237
All is great for my first 3 hours!
Here are my equipments:
- Comcast (Massachusetts - Previously Adelphia)
- Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC DVR
- acomdata PDHD1000USE-72 1TB 7200 RPM (from newegg.com for $163.99 with Free 3 Business Day Shipping)
- Startech eSATA Cable - Black - ESATA6 (from buy.com for $24.95 include 2 Business Day Shipping)
Before the 1TB external SATA HDD is connected, I have recorded over 110GBs of HD programs on the built-in SA8300HDC HDD. The recorded space decreased from 70% to 10% once the 1TB is recognized by the SA8300HDC DVR.
I want to stress test the combination of SA8300HDC and 1TB HDD:
- Huge number of hours of recorded HD programs
- All recorded programs will remain in the 1TB HDD until I explicitly delete
- Repeatedly play back recorded programs in random order
- Keep scheduling more programs for future recordings
At this point, due to my limited time, I was able to schedule only about 24 hours of HD programs with the 1TB HD connected. Previously that would have been impossible.
Will report back with more info.
Originally Posted by johnvas /forum/post/18379165
I connected an Acomdata (1 TB) drive to the eSATA port, but the box never even detected that a drive was connected.