Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://store.infocus.com/escalate/st...sories-Screens

Does anyone have any experience with this screen? I can get it for 105$US (144$CDN) new in a local store (no shipping, brokerage fees, etc..). It would be for an infocus X1, light controlled room.

Is there a better screen I could get (no DIY) for a similar amount? Someone mentionned Da-Lite, but the model2 b pdf with prices on their screen states that a 60'' x 80'' screen would be 164$US / 225$CAN + shipping + unknown brokerage fees, etc.. Thats twice the price of the Infocus screen, and both are white matte... High Power is much too expensive...

So anyone tried the Infocus 84 inch screen? Is it good? Or should I get something else?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and he said "Let there be lights!". He then rolled down the 84 inch Infocus screen, and opened the X1, and there was lights!! But the question is: how did they look on that particular screen? Maybe he shouldn't have gotten that screen?

heh! :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Grandarf
and he said "Let there be lights!". He then rolled down the 84 inch Infocus screen, and opened the X1, and there was lights!! But the question is: how did they look on that particular screen? Maybe he shouldn't have gotten that screen?heh! :D
I think you may find that the screen may not necesarily match up from a optimization perspective. Most paired DLP projectors to screens usually involve some form of grey screen. With that being said no one may be commenting considering in your post you seem to indicate your budget is a limited or fixed amount. With that being said there may not be any available grey screens at that price point.

You should try posting in the projectors under 5000K area to see what screen people have paired up with that particular unit. I'm sure someone will be able to shed some light:)

Good luck!

Have fun!

Cheers,

Requis

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks like you've done your homework to know which medium to choose.

And you've identified their pro's and con's. I was simply identifying what I have read in product pairings with DLP type porjectors and was meant as a general place to start.

This is a topic with varying degrees of interpretation and is always subjective to the indvidual and what they perceive to offer a better image in their viewing experiences. With that being said depending on what is important to you brightness vs Deep blacks for example will ultimately guide your decision, and your purchase.

You may want to note that traditionally Infocus has been more recognized as a business projector / Screen type company. As opposed to a home theater company, allthough their latest breed of projectors is certainly garnering them some very distinguished accolades.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Requis

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe yeah of course I did a bit of homework ;)

Though again I find it weird that no one (besides you!) has any info or experience with it...

Everyone seems to recommend grey screens, yet white seems the logical choice.. and when someone asks 'what about a white screen? whats great with the grey screen?' then no one replies...

There's also unanswered questions: Whats the diff between infocus white matt and da-lite white matt besides the 30$US price difference? Why would the X1 being low lumens look better with a Grey screen? Which screen is better for pr0n? :p

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I don't know about the Infocus.

Call your local camera stores and see who has/will order a Dalite Model B in Matte White in the size you want. Should be able to get one around $100 US. I like my Matte White Model C - I use a 92" wide one, but my projector is a bit brighter.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
1000 lumens is not bright? In a light controlled environment, 1000 lumens for most screens 8 feet and under is extremely bright!! In fact, the x1 isn't really 1000 lumens, more like 600 lumens in video mode. Still, 600 lumens is plenty bright for a screen 8 feet wide in a light controlled environment. I myself use an ND4 filter for my small 5 feet wide screen.

James

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Grandarf
anyway I'm probably gonna get it
Please post your opinion if you do get the Infocus screen. There are not many options for screens here in New Zealand. The Infocus is one of the cheaper at approx US$205. I also want to mount a screen over a window in a light controlled room for my X1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.