AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Sony BDV-E470 Home Theatre System at Costco Canada online for $335.99. It hasn't arrived yet.

Sears Canada online has a Sony BDV-E370 Home Theatre System for $269.99.

The only discernible difference seems to be that the E370 is 850 Watts, the E470 1000 Watts.

What should I do?

Return the E470 and buy the E370?

·
Registered
318 Posts
If that's the only difference then I would say keep what you got. HTIB power ratings are very subjective. I would bet that the power isn't the only difference though.

It may be that the speakers are a different size or one has HDMI pass through.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

neither will deliver anywhere near that power, so you might as well throw that spec out the window...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the time all of you have taken to reply. Thanks!

I've probably spent more time researching this than it's worth.

No less I've poured through the manual and looked online at Sony's support website for clues as to what the differences in these systems are.

The manual covers six different models... the E870, E570, E470, E370, T57, and T37.

Some are rated at 1000w, others 850w.

There are two subwoofer sizes and two surround speaker sizes.

Two models come with an USB wireless LAN adapter.

Sony's support website offers a firmware update for each model bringing feature parity.

That's it. I see no other differences. Other than wattage each receiver seems identical to the other, regardless of what Sony's website says or doesn't say.

So it seems I have to decide if I want the larger base speaker and higher wattage of the E470 model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts