AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a PC with an 8500gt in it. With vista 64. Ive had it for a while and everything is fine. Today I got a 30' hdmi cable and have it hooked up to my 42" plasma.

With the drive rI had, which I believe was the newest. I didnt see the resive hdtv desktop option and I was having overscan issues. SO i went and downloaded and older version.

185.85 I was able to fix the overscan but now all my colors are messed up. Its like its outputting the colors in torch mode. All greens are like neon. Everything looks kinda washed out and crappy.

I went to the next driver 186.18, as soon as I started the installer, I saw the colors change, awesome it looks good, fixed. They went back to normal looking realistic colors. Then when I did the reboot, darn again.

Bright ugly washed out. I know I had not originally adjusted any color settings because I just reinstalled vista last week. And I never adjust the colors on my pc.

The only thing I've noticed is that when I do the reboot after I install the driver. I get an error on the screen. Its about a dll file but what I gather from it is that; it was unable to do the first time use open control panel.

Thats about what it says. So I dont know if this is causing it to just load some crappy default color scheme. I'm going to try the newest driver again see what happens.

Anyone had a similar issue?

EDIT... Ok so I just installed the newest driver. Now I am getting no error upon the initial reboot. The colors are fine for about 5 seconds while everything is loading and then it switches. Bing, back to crappy, WTH!!!!

This sucks I would have rather just stuck with the overscan issue then having this issue.

The other thing with this new driver is that you dont have the "Resize HDTV Desktop" option which to me pretty much kills it. Not sure why they got rid of it, is there another way to fix it now?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 /forum/post/16942822

Ok I have a PC with an 8500gt in it. With vista 64. Ive had it for a while and everything is fine. Today I got a 30' hdmi cable and have it hooked up to my 42" plasma.

With the drive rI had, which I believe was the newest. I didnt see the resive hdtv desktop option and I was having overscan issues. SO i went and downloaded and older version.

185.85 I was able to fix the overscan but now all my colors are messed up. Its like its outputting the colors in torch mode. All greens are like neon. Everything looks kinda washed out and crappy.

I went to the next driver 186.18, as soon as I started the installer, I saw the colors change, awesome it looks good, fixed. They went back to normal looking realistic colors. Then when I did the reboot, darn again.

Bright ugly washed out. I know I had not originally adjusted any color settings because I just reinstalled vista last week. And I never adjust the colors on my pc.

The only thing I've noticed is that when I do the reboot after I install the driver. I get an error on the screen. Its about a dll file but what I gather from it is that; it was unable to do the first time use open control panel.

Thats about what it says. So I dont know if this is causing it to just load some crappy default color scheme. I'm going to try the newest driver again see what happens.

Anyone had a similar issue?

EDIT... Ok so I just installed the newest driver. Now I am getting no error upon the initial reboot. The colors are fine for about 5 seconds while everything is loading and then it switches. Bing, back to crappy, WTH!!!!

This sucks I would have rather just stuck with the overscan issue then having this issue.

The other thing with this new driver is that you dont have the "Resize HDTV Desktop" option which to me pretty much kills it. Not sure why they got rid of it, is there another way to fix it now?

Have you tried adjusting the RGB settings in advanced? It may be set to 16:235, try 0:255.

Mike

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I did that, your right it needed to be changed to 0-255

But it doesnt do anything to the desktop, it says thats for video, and to see the changes play a video while you change them.

But it didn't affect my desktop at all. None of those settings do as I was messing with them. Again it says those are for video.

Also originally it said my TV was HDCP compatible, and now it is not, could this be an issue.

·
Registered
967 Posts
When you play a video, does the color issue carry over to that or do they display correctly? If the video is fine it kinda sounds like you have a high contrast or vivid theme selected for the desktop - what happens if you create a new user account and log in with that?

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I uninstalled the drivers with driver cleaner. And reinstalled 186. Everything looks good, rebooted a couple times. But I'm still getting the error at startup which sucks.

This is the error

error in NVCPL.DLL missing entry:Nvstartuprunonfirstsessionuseraccount

Did a little googling but couldnt get a good answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts