Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Read Anantech 8500 article at http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1555&p=6

It said:

Quote:
A poor de-interlacing algorithm will result in artifacts in the video itself. ATI combated this with their Adaptive De-Interlacing on the Radeon. This technology dynamically chose between bob & weave algorithms to produce the best quality de-interlacing out of any 3D graphics cards. The All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500DV takes it one step further by introducing what ATI calls temporal de-interlacing.?Temporal de-interlacing syncs the input video source to the refresh rate of your monitor.?ATI claims that without their temporal filtering algorithms, text would appear to hop across the screen instead of neatly scroll.?
Sounds like a simple TBC circuit to me. Or is it something useful in DVD playback, Dscaler usage? What is it's effect on the picture? How to use it? How do I know if the function is being used? Or is it just pure marketing gimmick?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Li On

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
This is actually the only reason why I am going to get a new Radeon 2 (AIW DV) as opposed to the original Radeon card. I am sure since the Radeon 1 ATI has had time to improve their DVD playback; even if it is a subtle improvement.

It would be nice to have these deinterlacing capabilities on the lower ATI Radeon 2 models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.