AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to this site. Had a question about the Epson 8700UB. I am in the process of building a home theater in my basement and just recently ordered the screen. The screen is 16:9 119" in size. I went to the Epson web site and looked under the specifications for the projector and it said "Focal Length: 22.5 - 47.2 mm, Widescreen image size (projected distance), 100" diagonal (wide: 9.8' - tele: 20.9')" Does this mean that anything over 100" in size will diminish picture quality? I will be mounted about 16-17' away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am using a 120" 16:9 screen 1.3 gain with a throw distance of about 15 feet with my 8700 and after 300 hours the picture is looking great! Then only thing is you won't be using Eco mode but that's ok. Also I am in a fully light controlled room.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit73 /forum/post/20827694

I am using a 120" 16:9 screen 1.3 gain with a throw distance of about 15 feet with my 8700 and after 300 hours the picture is looking great! Then only thing is you won't be using Eco mode but that's ok. Also I am in a fully light controlled room.

Thanks. I too will have total control of the light in the room. And why exactly would I not be using Eco mode on this projector if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
342 Posts
He is saying that at that size and distance ECO mode will not be bright enough. You shouldn't have a problem projecting 120" with the 8700UB in a light controlled room and normal mode has the same lamp rating as ECO mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.