AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a "adapter black box thingy" with my 6600GT card. I used this from the s-video out of the graphics card and then to another cable that ends in a RCA plug that I connect to my CRT TV's yellow Video input. This worked perfect.

But now I have a Chaintec 8800GT and I can't get the signal to stay on my CRT TV.

I connect the same way as I have done before, but as Windows starts up, I can see the "Windows loading" screen. Then it just disappears and I get a blue screen.

I have tried everything I know of.

Is the s-video to component(plus s-video) adapter I got with my Gigabyte 6600GT compatible with my new 8800GT?

I have tried to use just the s-video to RCA cable, but same problem.

What do I need for this to work.

(The CRT TV only has RCA audio and video in)

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Your card may have come with a cable that connects to the back of your card and looks like an S-Video to S-Video cable. If this is the case you need to use it and connect your S-Video to RCA(yellow composite) connector to it.

Also if possible you could try configuring your display to a lower resolution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hammer - thanks for the link.

wally - I have tried 800x600 60hz, but no luck.

Yes I did get a cable with the graphics cards, but i think it is a male-male cable?

I'll have to go make sure.

The s-video to rca cable that I have used before is also sVideo-male to RCA-male.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The 7 or 9 minipin DIN connector on the back of your card is not a regular S-Video connector since it contains the pins for either S-Video or component. The male to male cable that came with the card needs to be connected to it so that you will end up with just a S-video signal. If the cable is male to male then you would need a S-Video female to female gender mender of a S-Video female to composit(RCA) connector. Not all NVIDIA cards are the same and the card manufactures take some liberties in how the provide S-Video and component output as you have found since your Gigabyte adapter does not work with your Chaintec card. If you can also try 640x480 resolution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I will try and find a "gender mender" (LOL) cable and see if that works.

Also I have not tried so low as 640x480.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts