AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 890 & RF extender working fine for about 11 months until 2 days ago when the remote seemed to be too 'weak' to get commands to the RF extender. Nothing is new in my house as far as RF interference goes. So I assumed it was the remote or extender, so I went out and purchased a new 890 and RF extender to find the same exact problem. So I assumed it was interference of some kind. So I moved the position of the RF extender slighlty and that seemed to work for 'short' commands. Commands that are only sent for short, quick time (non repeats). These commands work accross my house with no problem (50' away).

Now for longer commands like volume, which is setup to continually send the same command (I guess that is called a repeat?) it does nt work unless I am about 4' or closer to the RF unit. This is a huge problem because I use a mac mini as a media pc and I need the menu button to act as both a short and long (repeat) command.

Additional information is that my IR signals seem weak too. I used to be able to bounce IR signals off of my projector screen and control the projector, however, 2 days ago that stopped working too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
did you update your remote 2 days ago, and did the remote stop working after? if so, could be an account problem or other problem with your remote configuration, since Harmony tends to break many things when releasing their big updates (there's been three or so in the last year, affecting all remotes for the most part, in good and bad ways). good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts