AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 8vsb module work with BEV hardware?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well there could be a few reasons. One for example might be for some of your local channels to see local fare digitally, even if not HD. Say if they show some local pro sports games. Even if they're not in HD, it'd be a better picture usually than any other way you'd have of tuning in (OTA analog, cable, local channel package off DBS, etc).

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even with a rotor on my antenna I still keep it pointed away from my local stations and toward a town 65+ miles away for the HD stuff they have, when I add the BEV unit next week I thought I would throw up a small antenna pointing towards my locals so that the news and weather would be available all the time without my wife having to fiddle around with the rotor. I would also like to compare the receiver with the Tosh 3000 for OTA stuff esp. on DX reception, after all it is a new toy.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wildchild22
I installed a the 8qpsk tuner in my bev and it can't find sat signal after that. I can conmfirm it does not work. Do not waste your money.
You are wrong. It will work. You need the software from BEV for the adapter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.