AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched & readed past threads about 8VSB pricing, but I think things have taken a turn for the worse and now pricing isn't as good as it used to be. I also used Yahoo shopping, mysimon, and pricewatcher to try to find a 8VSB module for less than $100. For awhile, Sears.com was selling the modules for $99 so in turn other e-tailers were also selling them for $99. Now Sears.com is selling them for $149 and it seems other websites have followed suit. Having said this, I has two questions:

1) Has anyone purchased a 8VSB module for $99 in the last week or two? If so, please give me the details.

2) Does anyone have a receipt that they could scan (and email me) showing a 8VSB costing $99 or less -- that was purchased about a month ago?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been looking for the best price on the 8vsb tuner for about a week now too.

The best price I've seen for a 6023 system is $339 from www.satellitedepot.com (for self-installation, new subscribers, 8 month commit) and they mentioned that Sears has the best price on the tuner.

If somebody sees a good price on the tuner, please post here. Thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RishM:

...they mentioned that Sears has the best price on the tuner.

I called one of my local Sears stores, and they said they don't even carry the HD tuner module. She said it was something I'd have to get it from Dish Network.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Quote:
1) Has anyone purchased a 8VSB module for $99 in the last week or two? If so, please give me the
I bought one new from an AVS Member (and Dish dealer) for $99 two weeks ago, I will email him and get him to respond here or get permission to post his address.

Quote:
I called one of my local Sears stores, and they said they don't even carry the HD tuner module. She said it was something I'd have to get it from Dish Network.
It seems that Sears online is vastly different than their retail stores. I had the same issue when I was trying to get a price on a stand-alone receiver in-store, the guy swore up and down that I'd have to get it from Dish and that they didn't carry it.

Roddie

·
Registered
475 Posts
STL,

Unfortunately, my source doesn't have anymore 8VSBs for that price. Look around, I believe there are still some out there for $129, but if you can save on shipping by buying a combo that might be even better.

Roddie

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just wanted to bump this thread with two deals out there :

1. Sears.com has the 8vsb module for $149.00 (MSRP), but they have a mail-in rebate for returning the shipping&handling charges. This rebate is valid from 10/21 - 10/27. You will still be stuck with local taxes if they apply.

... and, the best deal out there :

2. SatelliteOne seems to have a pretty good deal at $129 + s/h for the 8vsb module through their Yahoo Shopping store.

Are they reputable ? What kind of guarantees/return policies do they have ?

I am inclined to go with SatelliteOne unless I hear horror stories about them from folks here.

Comments ?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I bought my 8VSB tuner and my quad LNFB from satelliteone.com they are excellent, good customer service and fast shipment. Ask for Mark.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Soycrema
I bought my 8VSB tuner and my quad LNFB from satelliteone.com they are excellent, good customer service and fast shipment. Ask for Mark.
Hi neighbor !! :D :D

I ordered my 8vsb from satelliteone. I can't wait for it to get here.

Now, since you live about a stone's throw away from me, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about your OTA configuration (like antenna type etc). Let me know if it is OK to email you with those questions.

Thanks.

-Rish

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Soycrema
Hi Rish,

No problem, you may e-mail me if you wish, I'll be glad to help.
Thanks a lot. You've got mail (mainly questions about what antenna config works best from our area).

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.