AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing the 8vsb tuner, but sears.com no longer has them in stock. Anyone know of a similar deal from another retailer? (sears.com sold them for $99, and I believe there was free shipping)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I'd like to order from them (satellite one), but I would prefer to have confirmation that they have them in stock. They are not answering their phones. Anyone know anywhere else in the same price range?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got mine from www.allsat.com. Their website price was higher but I called them and asked if they would do a price match and they were very willing to do it and have my business.

That's the only thing I've bought from them but they seemed like nice people to do business with and I have seen others say good things about them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my 6000 from allsat, but they were unwilling to match the price for the tuner. Funny, when I called them previously to ask them questions, they seemed very nice and helpful. When I called them to place my order, they were nice, but not near as helpful and accomodating when I mentioned the pricematch for the 8vsb tuner. I guess they lost some money, or broke even, on a lot of those, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. When I said sears.com had it for $99, they said "they no longer have them in stock, so we cannot match the price." After I found out that satelliteone.com had them in stock for $99 and mentioned it to them, they told me to buy it from satelliteone. They were not at all interested in matching the price. Regardless, I would still recommend allsat. Of all the satellite retailers I have spoken with, they had the best customer service, and nearly the best prices.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wish I had known about AllSat pricematch on the 8VSB. We just ordered one last week.

I have talked with Ben at AllSat a couple times and must say that he is a pleasure to work with. He is very informative and open to chat about things.

AllSat recently dropped the $149 Installation credit for their "I Like 9" promo due to a change in rules from Dish Network. DishUSA still offers the credit so I purchased from DishUSA instead.

I've talked to the same person at DishUSA twice now and a one word description fits him fine. Ass

If your looking to buy, call AllSat and ask for Ben.

------------------

Steven Benson

Minnesota Home Theater User Group (MNHTUG)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mnhtug/messages

·
Registered
353 Posts
You should be able to get the 8VSB at your local Sears store.

Print out the online price from Sear's website and bring it in with you. They should be able to pricematch themselves. Shouldn't they?

------------------

Steven Benson

Minnesota Home Theater User Group (MNHTUG)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mnhtug/messages

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my 8VSB module for $98 (little over $103 with shipping) from Satelliteone a couple of weeks ago. Their service was great. I ordered on a monday (a holiday) from their website. They shipped Fedex ground. I received an email with the tracking number 2 days later and it showed up that Saturday...great service and the best price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.