AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These Incriminator Audio Judge drivers have a custom suspension and had additional mass added (3 dust caps) to lower the Fs from the stock 34hz to 26hz.

The eight drivers are going in large dual-opposed boxes that are 24” wide, 22.5” tall, and 55” long (3" thick baffles). That’s roughly 13.4cu.ft before drivers and bracing. Stuffed in each cabinet is 6 pillows.

I used 3/4” MDF and quadrupled the baffles. Securing the drivers to the cabinets are 1.75” stainless steel #10 wood screws. I could have used bracing that would consume less internal volume, but for this build I chose a simpler/faster approach.

The two drivers in each cabinet are each DVC (1.5ohm per coil) with the coils wired in series and then the two drivers are paralleled, and then two cabinets are wired together in a series. Amplification is provided by a pair of SP2-12000 each on dedicated 240v circuits.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very nice, looking forward to the finished product. I've heard the IA's at Spring Break Nationals. They have a nice lineup. They make the 20.1 and 40.1 amps if I remember correctly they were great as well. I may be confusing the amps with Sundown, been awhile.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
You know ported is better right! :D. jk

Will these play nice with the othorns? I'm not sure how the phase on tapped horns work.

If there is any ULF to be had in your room, this should do it.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice, looking forward to the finished product. I've heard the IA's at Spring Break Nationals. They have a nice lineup. They make the 20.1 and 40.1 amps if I remember correctly they were great as well. I may be confusing the amps with Sundown, been awhile.
Ooooo this looks fun! Quadruple baffle is awesome! Looks awesome so far!
Hi guys, I just updated the first few posts with a bunch of pictures.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know ported is better right! :D. jk

Will these play nice with the othorns? I'm not sure how the phase on tapped horns work.

If there is any ULF to be had in your room, this should do it.

They shouldn't be too bad to integrate, but I'll find out tomorrow when I give it a try.

BTW, I just updated the first few posts with a bunch of pictures.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think if it is possible for some person to have too much bass, you are definitely closer to that point than most lol! I thought you were going with 8 Mach5 21ftws....what happened? Did the Othorns eat them?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think if it is possible for some person to have too much bass, you are definitely closer to that point than most lol! I thought you were going with 8 Mach5 21ftws....what happened? Did the Othorns eat them?

Long story short, I had issues with most of the 8 FTW drivers.

I will say that Mark was completely 100% willing to start building and shipping new drivers ASAP no questions asked, but I decided to go another direction and he gave me a full refund. Additionally, the exchange rate for the Canadian dollar had dropped since I originally paid for the invoice, so the refund he issued was around ~$311 short. Within minutes after notifying him of this, he PayPal'd the shortage to me immediately. I certainly can't say anything negative about his customer service!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Were the drivers Klippel tested? The stickers on the cones look like what many traditionally use.

Do you have T/S parameters on the drivers? They look very interesting, so I tried researching them, but their website doesn't list T/S data on the 21" Judge, let alone your modified versions.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
413 Posts
Long story short, I had issues with most of the 8 FTW drivers.

I will say that Mark was completely 100% willing to start building and shipping new drivers ASAP no questions asked, but I decided to go another direction and he gave me a full refund. Additionally, the exchange rate for the Canadian dollar had dropped since I originally paid for the invoice, so the refund he issued was around ~$311 short. Within minutes after notifying him of this, he PayPal'd the shortage to me immediately. I certainly can't say anything negative about his customer service!
That's unfortunate, but kudos to Mark for customer service and standing by his product!

It's hilarious... In my circle of friends and acquaintances people think I'm crazy because I have two large ported uxl18 subs and mains with 15 inch woofers.....ha-ha, if they only knew. At least I'll always have systems like yours that I can use with my wife to rationalize and minimize future bass expenditures, lol! Well met Luke! I can live vicariously through you...ha-ha.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming of you levelling your house with bass...please continue

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now those are some big, big, sealed subs. I might be able to feel the vibrations in Chicagoland, lol.

I was going through the numbers the other day and I realized I have over 1 ton of speakers in my HT room...

Each of those sealed cabinets weighs ~300lb's, so each of those stacks with the Othorns on top weighs ~800lb's!

1 - 20 of 613 Posts