AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my entire av system including the furniture. I am greatly considering the Sony 40XBR700 as a focal point since I primarily watch DSS and my kids VHS. This 275+ lb monster needs to either be matched up with their branded stand or something reinforced. I have come across Salamander, and though I think it is sharp, I am greatly seeking alternatives.

Across the 9 1/2 ft wall, it goes: (or it will)

left speaker, 34inHX9.25inW

Audio rack, enclosed due to kids (match video)

Video Stand, suited for a 40 inch Direct View

right speaker, same

sub, in corner

I have gone through great lengths seeking alternatives and now require some help. I am not against an all in one av unit. Salamander does have a center speaker shelf under the tv. The only downfall is no storage for a dreamcast, videos, dvds, and CDs in big Caselogics. I have also done the config on their site, but I don't have $3500 to add all the extras.

Peace

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Tech Craft makes the 'good' matching stand for most Wega's. I'm not sure if they have one for the 40". They also make fairly sturdy enclosed audio racks to match. So these would probably match the standard Sony stand, as well.

http://www.techcraft-furniture.com/html/comp.htm

I originally found Salamander, but bought Tech Craft as a far cheaper substitute. I got a large audio rack for $200, the Salamander I liked at the same size was around $1300. Now that I have it, I think the build quality is definitely appropriate (somewhere in the middle) for a house with small children.

Also, for the TV stand, my uncle has one with his 32" XBR. It is great, a full 360 deg turn and plenty strong for the heavy Wega.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.