AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's Detroit Free Press reports that the Michigan State-Iowa football game tomorrow will be on "ESPN Plus (Ch. 10 in Lansing); on HDTV in Detroit area."

Does anybody know anything about this? Might this mean that WXYZ is putting the game on one of its subchannels (analog will have the Michigan game, which is at the same time)?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Hi Roger,

I spoke with WXYZ today.

The Iowa @ Michigan State game will not be in HDTV tomorrow, but it will be available upconverted on the digital channel, 41-1.

The Indiana @ Michigan game will be on the analog channel, 7.

Both games are ESPN Plus productions, and scheduled to start at 12:10pm ET, so WXYZ is hoping to make local Spartans fans happy with this effort. Since neither game is available in HD, I think this is a great way to use the digital channel.

Best,

Ken

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That'll work out well. I notice that the News didn't mention anything about it in today's editions, but I'm sure WXYZ will mention it in their sportscasts.

In the future, I can envision both games on digital, with the towercam or weather radar getting pre-empted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.