AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing this machine on Ebay I have decided to go ahead and haul it over to VDC at the Cape and let them retube it with factory origionals. The Panansonic tubes have 14,000 hrs with only faint burn marks but the light output is way down, more in the range of my old 900A. HD has never looked so good. it is incredible the amount of detail these old tubes have over the 7" Runco. I have had a 9500 with brand new rebuilt tubes next to the Ebay 9500 and just don't like what I see on the new rebuilts. Going to have them put in another RGB imput while there. Should be done by Thursday so will know over the weekend if this expensive trip was worth it. The guys at VDC told me that the rebuilt tubes would never be as sharp as origionals and from what I have seen I think this is probably true. Redoing my theater room has been a challenge what with changing scanners twice, Mike Parker mods, and other little goodies.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
VDC at the Cape? Where are you located? Why not just order the tubes and have a competent tech install them and set your projector up? Yes from what I jear rebuilt tubes from BDC are just not that close to new, Shuppung the whole machine will be expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.