AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Electrohome 9500LC, yet to be hooked up. In addition to the usual DVD and video (including DirecTV HDTV), I will probably be getting a JVC D-Theater VCR. I haven't gotten my processor/scaler yet, but since most scalers, I believe, have only one passthrough input, I'm wondering about the best way to play both satellite HDTV and D-Theater tapes. I believe that there's an option for a hi-def input module for the 9500LC, and if so, could that be used for the D-Theater source, and would switching between the inputs be controllable by a Crestron system?

Craig

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

Some digital VCRs only output component, aka YPrPb; you will need either an outboard transcoder to RGBHV, or one of the Marquee component cards described here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=143962 This should handle the VCR in slot 02; feed the satellite tuner to the pass-thru and the DVD player to the scalers' usual inputs. If you somehow acquire more than three RGBHV sources then you may need to explore other switcher options. Those with Madrigal MP projectors might find the 02 input slot occupied with a switching network card, and fewer input options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.