AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys my install for the 9500lc I acquired is happening thursday. I do not have a scaler yet. I also do not have alot of money to purchase the scaler as the install is costing quite a bit. I'm being offered by the installer a quadscan elite (older model i can take it to try to see if i like it) i think they are gonna want somewhere around 500 for it. its suppose to be upgradeable at least . i guess my other choice would be a lumagren. trying to learn any help would be appreciated. I will be doing hi-def with a toshiba 3000, dvd and xbox . thanks again. 110" firehawk 16x9.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Get the Lumagen, nothing could be as bass ackwards to operate as that godawful Quad, just an opinion.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Have same PJ-got Lumagen Vision-terrific pic-terrific value.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Lumagen- this month at least :)

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
I have never seen the Lumagen so I can't comment on that. I have the Quadscan Elite HD which it the latest version of the QSE family. It does put out a decent image, but is a royal P.I.A. to deal with. It has no on screen menu and seems at times to have a mind of it's own.

Chip S.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i thought the firehawk screen was made for digital projectors

XANATOS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the crt became available after I got the firehawk. I hope it will be ok. I originally was going the digital route and also had ambient light issues. so thats why i choose the firehawk. we will see i guess..

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
HTPC is way more bang for the buck. If your comfortable building a computer an HTPC is definitely the way to go. AVS also sells them pre-built.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
A Faroudja NRS can be picked up used for less than $2k......I got mine on eBay and was a great deal. For $425 I had it serviced and the scan rate changed. Latest configuration for under $2,200 about 1/2 of new price. Picture is great. I have a Barco 1209s 8" crt and plan to replace it with a 9500LC. It's the single scan rate version of their $20k+ processors.

The NRS has a transcoder to convert HD YPrPb to RGB or will pass through RGB HD signals. In Widescreen mode, it will project the 4:3 image on the 16:9 screen with bars, in Letterbox it will crop the top and bottom to fill screen or streach the 4:3 in Anamorphic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.