Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9500LC Problem (?)

When I powered my y1995 Marquee off, I noticed a green, somehow bright spot flashing (looked like a small halo closing into a brighter tight spot) in the middle of the screen.

Maybe the spot kill circuit was not working properly at this time., although it happened too quickly to be sure.

I looked into the tubes through the lenses with a flashlight and did not notice any dark spot in the middle of the tubes.

I don't want to risk burning the tubes in re-trying to power off and see if the spot kill circuit really works OK, as it might be too late then.

Is there any safer way to check if the spot kill circuit is working ok ?

Also, before powering down, while watching some HD at 1080i, suddenly all the 3 tubes went dark., for about 5 seconds, and came back just as fine., without any sound or other effects.

It looked like standby mode for a few seconds.

This happened again once more, after an hour or so.

The projector was already hot, room was quite hot too (28 C/82F) and my 3 G2 were set a bit higher (74) to compensate for the low video input., with contrast 25/brightness 35,

I don't know if it is all related to some circuit issue although it was the first time that those things happened.

Thanks.Rob

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Rob,

This sounds like a defective neck board. The spot kill circuit is suspect here.

DO NOT OPERATE UNTIL YOU GET THIS RESOLVED!

"Also, before powering down, while watching some HD at 1080i, suddenly all the 3 tubes went dark., for about 5 seconds, and came back just as fine., without any sound or other effects."

Yep, sounds like a neck board. The projector is telling you it needs help...

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Rob

Mike ain't kidding; a bad spot kill will take chunks out of the phosphor, and a tube is a terrible thing to waste!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, Tim, thanks a lot for your help !

I won't power it up until the board is replaced.

That might explain why the convergence was also slightly shifting each time I powered up, without improvements after warm-up, and "trembling" on the left/right direction at times.

So I guess I'm looking for a new neck board now, does anyone has such parts to sell ?

Thanks again.

Rob

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mike and Tim, well I see you guys are the expert of the ... let's say Formerly Electrohome, Formerly Christie Digital, and being acquired by VDC 'beloved' Marquee 9500LC. Wonderful.

Let's hope you guys also could solve my problem, since CDS technical also DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA about this problem.

Here we go ...

Firstly, after being used for about 3 weeks, the unit will lit the LVPS' Led when I press the POWER button.

All we thought that the LVPS is defective, well ... IT IS NOT.

After checking and checking ... the ACON Control board is defective, so I've got replacement from CDS.

Now ... nearly 10 months, suddently the picture is gone, and from 'our of focus' picture and became a focus picture, and gone again.

I know ... I know ... HPVS is defective, so get a 'free' replacement from CDS.

For your information :

Since the 2nd week up to date, the image when I play DVD IS SHAKING !!!

Sometimes hard, sometimes slightly noticeable, sometimes STOP.

But when I use the S-VHS player, THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN! All the time.

I have tried using many brands and model of DVD player, NO CHANGE.

I have tested with Faroudja DVP-2200, DVP-3000, DVP-5000, NO CHANGE.

Even when I use the Marquee multi-standard decoder (S-VHS input), NO CHANGE, still shake shake shake.

Do I deserve to get a new unit from VDC to replace this 'pain in the a**' unit ?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say JoyMan

The high voltage cycling on/off could be a bad beam limit on a neck board, you could try running the unit with different neck boards unplugged, one color at a time, the multiconductor cable onto the motherboard is the thing to unplug. The shaking problem is not common at all, could be a bad VIM or deflection processor board,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.