AVS Forum banner

950b

494 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  unknownuser200 
i would deeply appreciate an unbiased opinion on the xbr 950 65" that i saw at best buy today.
rjv
Well I've owned lots of tv over the last 10 years at least 10.... One of them was the 950b. I've had many great sets Panasonic vt50 and the 70 inch sharp elite. The 950b had the best picture out of all the sets I've owned for 2d viewing. I only had it for two months but ended up returning it. The picture quality is great it's very bright and has very good black levels, the color looks good out of box. There is some blooming but it's mostly a non issue if your sitting in the sweet spot. My only issue with the tv was the price, sonys quality control and I missed the 3d from the 900a. I went through 2 950b and both of them had dead pixels and black spots like there was something under the lcd. If you get a set with no issues and a good deal I'm sure you will love it. The 3d is not bad on it but it's not as good as the passive 3d on the 900a.

Well I've owned lots of tv over the last 10 years at least 10.... One of them was the 950b. I've had many great sets Panasonic vt50 and the 70 inch sharp elite. The 950b had the best picture out of all the sets I've owned for 2d viewing. I only had it for two months but ended up returning it. The picture quality is great it's very bright and has very good black levels, the color looks good out of box. There is some blooming but it's mostly a non issue if your sitting in the sweet spot. My only issue with the tv was the price, sonys quality control and I missed the 3d from the 900a. I went through 2 950b and both of them had dead pixels and black spots like there was something under the lcd. If you get a set with no issues and a good deal I'm sure you will love it. The 3d is not bad on it but it's not as good as the passive 3d on the 900a.
Just wanted to add you may want to look into the Samsung js9500. Most reviewers are calling it the best led they have ever tested. It only has 21ms of input lag, the Sony has just over 40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.