AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my ATI 9600xt is not working properly. It plays sage recorded shows just fine, it displays the desktop fine, but it can't play a DVD.

Whenever I try to play a dvd, the video comes up, but it looks like it is jumping on the screen (vertically) - it's not stuttering, it's almost like vertical tearing, but the picture is in one piece, just jumping vertically on the screen. The result is very garbled picture. I get this result when playing DVD's on the monitor or a TV through SVideo.

I am supposed to be having movie night tonight, so I was hoping to get some help quick if possible. Is this a copy protection thing? It's not the DVD player, I tried a different one.

I've got XP SP2, TheaterTek (and yes, I tried the sage recordings in TheaterTek, and they worked fine), Intel P4 3.2, 512 mb ram, and no ffdshow running.

Please help.

Wad

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
What version cat driver do you have. Some had problems w/ nvidia decoder. Try disabling hardware acceleration and see what happens. You may have to use another DVD player for "movie night"....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the latest cat drivers (5.7).

How do I disable hardware acceleration?

As for movie night, it got canceled. It's my only DVD player, and movie night has always kind of revolved around my projector.

Thanks for the reply.

Wad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.