AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what the differences are between the dell 9700tx and the ati 9700 are? just purchased one off of ebay for $155.00 good deal? will the newest ati drivers work with this card? did a search but didn't come up with much info

thanks in advance brian steel

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have one in my dell dimension 8250 and it works great. I am not using dells drivers, I am using the ones posted on ATIs website and it seems to work fine. Should be a great card for $155. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
go to tomshardware.com, it is discussed there. the 9700tx is an oem card for Dell...

"The Radeon 9700 is a fully featured Radeon 9700 Pro, but with lower clock speeds for the core and memory. Core speed is clocked at 275MHz down from 325MHz and the DDR SDRam at 270MHz from 310MHz compared to the Pro version. The rest is intact: 8 pixel pipelines, 256-bit memory interface, AGP 8x, etc. The drop decreases the price by $100 to $299, most of the savings due to using slower ram modules. Here’s a comparison of key figures between the Radeon 9700 Pro and Radeon 9700."

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I believe the TX-model is clocked even lower than a Radeon 9700 non-Pro, but is of course, still faster than a Radeon 9500 Pro due to it's 256-bit memory bus.

Perhaps someone in the know can chime in on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its a full pro features wise, but clocked at 263/263.

You can overclock it/flash its bios etc to make it a proper pro (if you are technically minded)

Info HERE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.