AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get such a deal and if so, were they're any problems with getting the rebate??

I plan to send mine off in a day or two. The guy in the store said there wasn't a rebate offer any longer. I didn't believe him. I went to the Panasonic site and the rebate link IS non-functioning. I did a google search which came up with the Panasonic rebate page. Anyone think I'll have a problem? Here's what the rebate states:

"1. Purchase a Panasonic PV-HS1000, PV-HS2000 or PV-HS3000 and receive your $100 mail-in rebate. Purchase must be made between 10/1/01 and 12/31/01. All claims must be postmarked by 1/31/02. "

Here's the Panasonic link:
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...omo_coupon.asp

It also says this:

"Panasonic reserves the right to audit any claims, request additional information regarding this claim and to nullify any claims, alter the rebate amount or cancel this promotion without prior notice."

Lastly, I've heard mention that Replaytv may be planning an offer for owners of older models. Anyone have info on this?

One happy and apparently LUCKY new Replaytv owner thanks you for your thoughts!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the machine from Best Buy. The Manager discounted it for me. He said he wanted to get rid of them. That was on Sunday afternoon, this morning I go back to...ahhh...buy everyone they had, but now a different Manager was clueless and a bit doubtful that I had gotten that price (Unfortunately I didn't have my receipt). He wanted to sell the SAME box for $369!! Nuts.

I'll go back again later, with the receipt and find the original guy or

someone different. Guess I am one lucky sonnofagun

·
Registered
113 Posts
Would you be willing to post your receipt ? After much searching I found an open-box SS2000 at a Best Buy. However they are charging $369 for it. (And it's missing the UPC). If I could show them a $99 receipt for the exact same thing, they should price-match it, right ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.