Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I am finding my 1500hr 9PG xtra for 80" x 60" screen being very difficult to focus the blue CRT.

I think RED is the easiest to focus because it is so distinct. Green is bit softer than RED but still quite easy. The Blue was so blurry I had to clean my glasses several time while doing it. Is Blue by nature more blurry than Red or Green?

Seems like nothing I do helps. I set electronic focusing to zero, then I tried mechanical focus. From one end to the other (of the focusing wingnut), Blue seem to be going into the focus. But where I thought it is in focus, it is still lot more blurry than R and G.

what shall I do?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this something to do with Blue "defocussing"? I just found a posting here re: this issue. Do we deliverately put blue out of focus?

Geez. Something new every time I visit here. This forum indespensable !!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
hi there

do a search in the CRT forum on "defocus blue"... there are several treads that specifically talk about this function or feature.

and pros and cons for doing so...

since your experiencing this problem I believe your projector is probably set to defocus the blue CRT.

good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this something to do with Blue "defocussing"? I just found a posting here re: this issue. Do we deliverately put blue out of focus?

Geez. Something new every time I visit here. This forum indespensable !!!!!

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The 9PG and 9PG Plus have a switch on the Main board that can be put in focus or de-focus mode for the blue crt. I don't know about the 9PG Extra, I've never seen one. If the switch is in de-focus, you won't be able to get the blue sharp. If you put it in defocus, you should get better gray scale tracking(supposedly, I haven't done the research on this though). Another factor is that the human eye has a difficult time focussing on the color blue. You will find it difficult to focus your eye on blue no matter how fine the electronic focus capability is. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.