AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I power on my projector, all three tubes light up and the blue shuts off about ten seconds after the projector is on. When I push the display button and look into the tubes I can see the image, menu, in each tube. The red and green stays real bright but the blue is not.

Thanks !

Felix

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hit the kelvin button, does that help?

If yes, store the setting.

If no, something else is wrong. Check the B and W levels in the kelvin menu for each gun.

Write these down, and post back.

Marc

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tinman, thanks for your help. I think I solved the tube issue but I can not get the crosshairs, red and blue to line up with the green. When I try to adjust the Amplitude, it acts like I push the skew button. Am I suppose to adjust the rasters to ahieve this?

Thanks, Felix

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I'd have to see that one...... do you have the RC-6321 remote??

Marc

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marc,

The remote I have is THE RC-6051. The red tube is brighter than the other two. How do I adjust?

Thanks, Felix

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
That should work. Adjust the BRIGHTNESS to 50 and CONTRAST to 75 and store. Go into the KELVIN menu, and the tubes should flash and stabilize. Now look into each tube and adjust the "B" slider until the RASTER "Just" becomes visible around your image. Store those settings. Then use the "W" sliders to adjust the intensity of each CRT until you get a nice greyscale, or it looks right to YOU.

Store that.

Then set Bright and Contrast as you desire.

Marc

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marc, I still can,t get the red to react to the amplitude and linearity adjustments. Could it be a bad board? If so, which board and its location?

Thanks, Felix

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Ok... the tube is NOT Brighter? You have a convergence issue? It could be your C-drive board.

They do fail, but are not difficult to fix. Can you adjust the blue and green ok?

Marc

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marc, yes I can adjust the green and blue. The red is the only one which does not respond to the amplitude and linearity. Based upon the picture I see at this point using the nec 3000 line doubler, once this issue is resloved, the picture will be real nice. BTW, if you are a football fan, I live only about 20 minutes from the ProFootball Hall Of Fame in Canton Ohio.

Where is the C drive board located? The AV dealer in Cleveland where I purchase the projector from will repair the board if needed. I will be getting rid of a 9pg xtra for parts, which came with my projector if you are interested.

Thanks, Felix

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The C-drive is the board between the red and green tubes under the deflection board. There are 2 boards, the C-drive and F-drive. The C-drive has all your connectors on top for changing the polarity depending on ceiling/floor mount. Make sure all the cables are properly plugged in. Look at the projector lid for the diagram. The C-drive has 2 BIG black STK IC's on it. It comes out with just 3 screws. The F-drive has a large and a small black IC on it, so you know the difference.

I may be interested in a few parts, but there are some YOU should keep.

Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.