AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get any of the CRT's to budge trying to do a static onvergence adjustment. I've rechecked all the connections on the C and F drives, even flopped them around, but to no avail. Anyone know what controls this function? Is it on the C drive, or the deflection board (as one person thought)? This is driving me crazy (not that it is much of a trip).

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
TimB,

Quick check:

Bring up the test pattern 'cross-hair'

Hit the static button then select each color by holding the CTL button down then hit R-G or B button. Use the arrows to select direction you want.

If it doesnt move left or right normally then its probably the C drive. Usually all three dont fail at the same time. Reseat the wave board and check the CA connector. Doug

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug,

Yes, this is what I was doing, and none of the three will move. CA connector is fine. Forgive my ignorance ... what is the wave board?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The metal cage, between the blue and green CRT's, remove the top cover.

There should be 4 cards in it, if you have a point board. Otherwise you will see 3.

With the unit UNPLUGGED, lift and re-seat each card. Button it up and try again.

Marc

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marc/Doug,

Pulled and reseated each of the 4 boards. No change. Any ideas?

Again, having the 6 two wire leads reversed should have no effect right? (Although I believe I've now tried them both ways) And the larger connectors only go on one way, I believe.

:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.