AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this card have more video inputs than it does video inputs? I still haven't seen any indepth info on this cards conectors audio and video. Like maybe a pdf file would be nice! I have a prog scan dvd player and a HD direct tv tunner Component output, and my pc and my game cube! Just hoping that everything will hook up in harmony.

Dean

Live without morality, die without dignity.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hmmmm....I really do not understand your attitude or your question.

We are all waiting for this card. Your questions will be answered shortly.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just re read my post and what I meant to say is (does the A-303HDCP have just as many audio inputs as it does video inputs) I noticed that my 503cmx pioneer only has one audio input for video one and two. These seems odd to me, why one audio input when you have two video inputs?

Dean

·
Registered
542 Posts
Info will be posted Monday or Tuesday. There are 3 inputs- DVI with HDCP, Video, SVideo and they each have their own pair of RCA phono plugs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
heres a good question though...

why doesn't Aurora put component video connections on these cards? sure dvi is cool, but what about a dvd player? most of them do not come with dvi yet.

Minthrakos

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DonBerg
Because the plasma panel itself already provides two RGB/component inputs and the add-on card adds one more.
Don,

It is my understanding that the Aurora A303 scaler does not have impact (it stays out of the loop,) when using the component video ports on the plasma monitor. It would revert to the internal Pioneer scaler.

Meanwhile, there is no mention of component ports on the A303. Given that, the A303 would be an affordable option for owners of DVI-equipped set top boxes, but would be of little benefit to those of us who don't have DVI output yet. Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Because Aurora has another card with component in.

A303 was shaped here & what we wanted was a pioneer 5002 replacement but with DVI/hdcp and added video timings at a cheap price. Thats all.

If you want more of a card with component inputs & more, check their upscale cards or the KD card.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have ordered one of the A303 cards for my Pio 433 plasma. I doubt that I will be the first to receive same, but when it ships and I get it installed, I will report back on the results.

Regards:

·
Registered
65 Posts
you guys most likely don't know the answer but its curious if the A-303 card will be able to do the 3:2 pulldown on the component input on the panel itself....

the question would be what to do with the two primary media types to a 433cmx... 1) dvd 2) hdtv. how would you configure it to take advantage of the 3:2 pulldown....

I guess use a breakout cable to the dvi input on the card from the dvd player and put the hdtv input to the component input on the panel. cause I guess you don't actually have to do anything to a hdtv signal, right?

Minthrakos

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mithrakos: the specs state that the 303 card does do 3:2 pull down. the application I have in mind is a Zenith 520 HDTV/SDTV sat set top box via the DVI input with a good quality scaler for SDTV via DVI, DirecTiVo via S-video and the various format mode manipulations offered by the 303 card.

At the present time with the 5002 card, I have a Panasonic RP82 via component into input 1 of the Pio (no change with the 303 card), a HDTV set top box and a HTPC into input 2 (RGB/hv) via an Extron interface (no change with the 303) and the same HTPC into the the DVI input of the 5002 ( I will lose this HTPC DVI connection with the 303 card, but gain the HDTV/SDTV DVI connection). The price point of the A303 card is good for me as compared to the more expensive alternatives. Time will tell.

Regards:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Cant wait for someone to place a user review on the a-303 card.I'm wondering if there are any benefits to it if you are only getting sd cable through composite of input 4 from a VCR.It states in the aurora features of the card that it upgrades sd signal and does some motion things but is that really going to improve the PQ on an sd cable signal?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Matt, you NEED to see HD on your 433! It's waiting to blow your socks off. Where in MA are you? I'm getting 2, 4, 5, 7, 25, 38 & 56 OTA with an antenna in my attic. (Plus DirecTV's HD channels...)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
djs you have a pm-thanks Matt

·
Registered
73 Posts
pharris...

If your still monitoring this thread...

The Aurora site for the A303 card states that the card upscales SD to 1080I.

Is this fixed? in other words, can you display SD signals at 480p&i? That's important to me as the 503CMX defaults to FULL mode on 720p & 1080i signals.

I typically input SD at 480p so I can use WIDE mode for for SD viewing.

Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
FWIIW, the A303 card has the ability to modify the formats in a number of different ways, which should eliminate the need to keep the SD res at 480p. (Ref: Para. 8.3.1 "Installation and Operations Manual", A303 card.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.