AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum, buts seem close enough. My cable here is split into two lines, an A line and B line, I seen at radio shack switches that can switch between them. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a combiner like device? To combine both the lines into one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am told they exist but I don't know where to buy them. They would also cost a lot more than a switch box. The "combiner" is really a multiplexer, for example if each of your lines, A and B, have cable channels 1 to 100, then the multiplexer would take one of the feeds and transpose the channels to be 101 to 200 respectively, then they can be combined.

You may not combine the two cable feeds just by using a Y connector.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If we are talking about RF a 2 way splitter can be used as a combiner, adding 2 different signals on to one wire. So if you want to add 2 modulated signals to a wire you can use a 2 way splitter to accomplish the task. I am a little confused as to why you would want an A/B switch but...

If you are trying to add satellite RF to cable or antenna RF then a diplexer would accomplish your task. A diplexer can handle satellite frequencies and pass the voltage to the ird.

If you are trying to add two satellite signals to 1 wire this is more complicated and would require something called a stacker and destacker.

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.