AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.1 setup which I only use for music. Unfortunately, the main speakers (Athena Point 5s) are very small and sound a little thin. I can get my hands on 2 more Point 5s for very cheap; I could then hook up 4 speakers (As & Bs) and presumably get better sound. I know that Bs are usually in another room, is it ok to have them in the same room? If so, should I place them all in front (2 lefts, 2 rights) or around the room (ie faux surround sound)? Any other tips / advice?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Other than volume and some ambience (if you put them around the room) you are not going to improve the actual sound of the speakers by having more of them in the room. I recommend selling your existing speakers, throw in some money, and get some larger speakers that would fill the room better.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
If you put the speakers together, you will only be obtaining at most a +3db improvement. It may add some ambience to your listening, but its not going to be substantial, and may end up coloring your music in a worse way.

If you have a budget of some sort, you may want to purchase new speakers as it seems you are not very happy with the fullness aspect of your speakers.

Paradigm Titans are decently small bookshelves for MSRP $225 (less with dealers) and when I listened to them, they gave me an impression that they were a larger, fuller sounding speaker than they looked. IMHO of course :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.