AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to get a visit today from Gregg Loewen and Ned Vogler. Besides having fun Discussing HT and Movies Gregg Came to Calibrate my Mits 65807. He was very meticulous the whole calibration took about 7 1/2 hours. First he worked Disabling SVM, then he started on my Progressive DVD input, adjusting Convergence,overscan, Greyscale and front Service menu adjustments.

Then he did the same for my Hi Def input. I was in awe watching him work. My Hi Def Greyscale was way out there. I don't know how anyone could get a full calibration in an hour and a half. It takes a bit to tweak these things. After getting everything to 6500 across the board, we proceeded to remove the screen and add Lens Striping. My set really benefited from this tweak. On the left side of the screen it had measured 9400 degrees to the lefts 6400.

He was able to get the left down to around 7200 when he was done and the difference was noticible.

I will say that anyone that's bee watching their set's without a greyscale adjustment willnotice a big difference. Colors are more accurate and even. Hot Spots on the screen are non existant. At first the picture will appear soft, it definately did to me. But then subtle details will come thru, blacks and variations and shades of blacks will become apparant. Details once missing in the dark areas will become exposed. I'm still adjusting to the picture but I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'd recommend Gregg to anyone thinking of having their set Calibrated, Of course he learnt from Micheal TLV so he comes from good stock. he's even putting together a before after chart of the results.

Thanks Gregg and Ned

·
Registered
22,323 Posts
Can you give us info how to contact them for folks in their area?

DO they have a website???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.