AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies, I know you guys get hammered with recommendation requests. as mentioned I am a bit confused and overwhelmed as to finding a sub to compliment my setup and system. in my setting a single sub is most practical for now.

I like full balanced, immersive sound, where the speakers compliment each other.

My setup is: Room size 15X20 with 8 foot ceiling and wood floors.

Receiver: Denon 3312CI

Front Speakers: Aperion Verus Grand Towers

Center Speaker: Verus Grand Center

Surround Speakers Aperion Intimus 5T's (towers)

Budget is not a concern within reason. I am most interested in a sub that will compliment my setting and setup.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Those Verus Grands are nice speakers. Did you have any preference regarding the size and appearance of the sub? Also, what type of stuff do you typically listen to? Mostly movies or music? One more consideration is what the loudest volume you are likely to listen at.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike
Those Verus Grands are nice speakers. Did you have any preference regarding the size and appearance of the sub? Also, what type of stuff do you typically listen to? Mostly movies or music? One more consideration is what the loudest volume you are likely to listen at.
Thank you.yes the Verus are some pretty amazing speakers

. As far as size goes, I assume you mean sub cabinet? I am open to looking at each recommendation objectively, I would steer away from a sub that is a monolith...so huge that it dominates the room.Current sub is a down firing Aperion which measures 15hx13.5wx12.5 deep,I certainly can go larger.

The Aperion's are a high gloss Piano black finish, I prefer to have a sub in black..a comparable finish would be nice ,but not a deal breaker.

Listening is about 60/40..60 movies 40 music. Since I live alone in my own home,my listening levels vary. I never try to break the windows or warp the walls..but do crank it up at times.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I would second that suggestion of the SVS PB13. It is still the standard-bearer of ported subs and it looks beautiful in gloss black. It can do everything well and has many tuning modes at adjustments to make it sound just the way you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.