AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm considering getting the Sony CT350 for my room, but I'm a bit confused on the setup and if it would cause any additional input lag on my gaming from my ps3. If I give you guys the info on what I would be hooking up could you explain it to me?

So i have my hdtv, my ps3, and my wii which I will get an hdmi converter for. Does all of this plug in to the soundbar, or does it all plug into my tv and then run to the soundbar?

If it runs into the soundbar, will I get any additional input lag for my games by running the video through the soundbar first?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The CT150/350 have the best connectivity options in this price range of soundbars. All you do is connect all of your accessories directly to the sub via HDMI, and then run one singe HDMI from the sub to the HDMI input on your TV. As far as connections go things don't get much simpler than this.

I don't know for sure, but I don't see why the system would create any lag...other please chime in. I believe the lag, and most likely blurring ect, is due to the TV you are using rather than anything else. My guess is you are gaming on a LCD, you may want to see if it has a smooth/cinema effect you can turn on. Regardless I still think the lag is related to the TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on the hookup, I really appreciate it. Yeah I do have an LCD, the Sharp LC40E77UN, and I know that the lag comes from the TV, but I wasn't sure if any additional lag will be created by the soundbar. Hopefully not, but if anyone knows for sure let me know please.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You should not see any additional lag from the soundbar unless the soundbar has a defect. As all of this travels at electronic speed (light or just under), the human mind would not be able to process any perceived lag from a few feet of cabling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts