Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new screen can make a difference!

It was infinitely more enjoyable this year watching the Red Sox in Game 7 of the ALCS on my 108" front projector in HD, than last year in Game 7 on my 55" RPTV.:D

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
What if they had won last year, and lost this year. Would the same hold true? I was so happy they beat those damn' Yankees. Just hope Boston gets to play the Cards in the series. Go Cards!

Scott

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott - I think you may have missed by attempt at sarcasm;)

For a Red Sox fan, it would have been more enjoyable watching this years Game 7 on a 2 1/2" black & white mini television, than last years Game 7 on a $20K plus Sony Qualia.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pete - I think I watched the last 25 hours of this series in that same position...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
As a NYer non baseball fan, I thought the series was great, with all but the last win for the Sox coming down to the wire.

Although when the Jets play NE this weekend that's a different story.

Go JETS!

·
Registered
789 Posts
It was a lot of fun watching the games in Japan. Hideki Matsui is such a god here that it almost feels like you're watching the game in NY surrounded by Yankees fans. I must have been the only person at work who was cheering the Red Sox on. A Japanese friend of mine became a rabid Red Sox fan after she lived in Boston for a few years. She went to work yesterday wearing her Red Sox jersey and she said that everyone was aghast that she wasn't rooting for the Yankees. We must have been the only ones walking around with smiles on our faces afterwards.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I went to a Blue Wave game a couple of years ago in Kobe, Japan. It was quite an event. Part Baseball, Part college football (Bands blasting away and everybody with these loud clackers), Part wrestling. (Crazy fans) I have never seen anything like it!

Oh, yeah, they know how to have fun!!!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Going to a Japanese baseball game is definitely a different experience compared to the U.S. isn't it? Both fans are equally fun, but in different ways. Was Ichiro still with the Blue Wave when you were in Kobe, or had he already left for Seattle? Blue Wave fans still miss him.

And Scott, congratulations on the Cardinals making it to the Series. It's going to be a great one. We're planning a baseball party at my house on Sunday (Game 6 on Saturday in the States). Real American Hamburgers, hotdogs and 80" of glorious HD (Thanks NHK!).

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Yes, Ichiro was with them. I used to get there about once a year on biz. But, I can't remember which Americans were on the team. (If I remember, each team was allowed 2 Americans) But it was fun!! Bento boxes and Asahi - WooHoo!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ktak
Going to a Japanese baseball game is definitely a different experience compared to the U.S. isn't it? Both fans are equally fun, but in different ways. Was Ichiro still with the Blue Wave when you were in Kobe, or had he already left for Seattle? Blue Wave fans still miss him.

And Scott, congratulations on the Cardinals making it to the Series. It's going to be a great one. We're planning a baseball party at my house on Sunday (Game 6 on Saturday in the States). Real American Hamburgers, hotdogs and 80" of glorious HD (Thanks NHK!).
Thanks. I hope it is a great series. People here in St. Louis are going nuts. This town is crazy about it's Cardinals. Hope you have a fun party!

Scott

·
Registered
190 Posts
The problem I had with the Red Sox in HD was that I was on the phone with my father (who is still SD) and he was seeing things 3 seconds before I did!!!!!!!!!

We are punished for the use of HD!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.