Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem playing the windscreen version of A bug's life on my computer using PowerDVD (version 5). it only lets me play the fool screen version of that DVD. Does anyone knows what I could be doing wrong? I have the Gold Collection of A bug's life.

Thanks in advance

frankmrt

:( :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I've watched ABL with PowerDVD (ver 4) and never had a problem. Maybe the disk is physically damaged? I'd recommend trying to borrow or rent another and check it.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Possibly.... Do you see both options, but Foolscreen is selected and you can't navigate to widescreen? If so, there is a small tab on the right-most edge of the PDVD control panel that has a subtle arrow on it. If you click it, you will expose the navigation panel (^v) that will allow you to spare yourself from the chop shop :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I guess make sure on PowerDVD you have "keep aspect ratio" enabled on the configuration screen.....just right click anywhere on the "screen" and choose configuration, then video. hope this helps.

Yosh70

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had exactly the same problem before with PowerDVD and ABL: Gold Collection. The disc worked perfectly on a standalone DVD player, though. I do not have the disc anymore and I do not remember what I did exactly, but I managed to be able to select and play the widescreen option with PowerDVD. Try Man E's suggestions.

·
Registered
15,728 Posts
Do yourself a favor and pick up the new, lower priced re-release of the 2 disc Collector's Edition. It was the only release of A Bug's Life (the Limited and Gold Edition 1 disc releases were letterboxed only) with a new anamorphically enhanced 2.35:1 widescreen transfer.

Maybe your player is having trouble with the fact that the 2.35:1 transfer on the Gold Edition is not anamorphic.

Dan

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
That's true. PowerDVD could be confusd because neither version is technically Widescreen since they are both flagged 4:3.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the suggestions.

frankmrt

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am having the same problem so I know you do not have a defective disk.

Works fine on my Sony DVD player, but not on the HTPC.

Let me know if you find a way around this.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Maggie, did you try my suggestion above? I'm pretty sure that I had the same issue when I got the the two disk set.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Man E
Possibly.... Do you see both options, but Foolscreen is selected and you can't navigate to windscreen? If so, there is a small tab on the right-most edge of the PDVD control panel that has a subtle arrow on it. If you click it, you will expose the navigation panel (^v) that will allow you to spare yourself from the chop shop :)

Thanks Man E, I used the arrows on the control panel to select windscreen and it worked.

:D

frankmrt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.